Edmonton Artist | Laurel Hawkswell | edmonton.art@gmail.com | @hilaurel


[to email Laurel DOUBLE-CLICK here>>> EMAIL_Laurel ]
OR
See Edmonton Artist Laurel on: Facebook or Twitter or Instagram

WOW! Window art at the UofA

WINDOW PAINTING FOR WELCOME WEEK 

Week of Welcome at the University of Alberta.  

It was quite the exciting vibe at the University of Alberta last week, with a lot of people moving into residence at the University of Alberta in anticipation of school starting!  I may have felt it a little more than the average person because my own daughter was starting university as well.  Nervous and excited rolled into one!

I was asked to paint “Welcome Home” at two of their residence buildings (Lister Hall and International House), along with the design that they were using this year.  For many it is home for another year but many will be in Edmonton for the first time leaving a town smaller than Lister Hall and definatly smaller than the UofA.  I hope that the window painting will make them feel better.  I was impressed with the swirls and colours they were using - like I’ve said before, who doesn’t like swirls?!

Edmonton Artist Window art UofA