Edmonton Artist | Laurel Hawkswell | edmonton.art@gmail.com | @hilaurel


[to email Laurel DOUBLE-CLICK here>>> EMAIL_Laurel ]
OR
See Edmonton Artist Laurel on: Facebook or Twitter or Instagram

Caricatures at a Birthday Party

Oh what fun I had drawing this young guy! Loved his hair! The trick with drawing curly hair is to NOT draw every curl but just every odd one and keep the edge the definition. Too bad he wasn't smiling with his mouth open so you could really see the similarity in his smile.

If you notice that there is no drawn out frame in this one like I usually do. The party hostess was scanning in all the drawings so she could make a grouping of all the boys at the party. After she'd scanned them all I added in my usual frame and signature.

What advantage is there to having me at your party drawing caricatures? No need to hunt around for stuff for gift bags … the kids leave with a caricature. Parents love it when they bring them home.