Edmonton Artist | Laurel Hawkswell | edmonton.art@gmail.com | @hilaurel


[to email Laurel DOUBLE-CLICK here>>> EMAIL_Laurel ]
OR
See Edmonton Artist Laurel on: Facebook or Twitter or Instagram

Caricatures for Four Points by Sheraton's Staff Christmas Party

It's nice to draw for a few company Christmas parties in January. November and December are so crazy busy and there are only so many weekend dates. Those dates fill up pretty quick. Here's a caricature from tonight's staff

Christmas party for Four Points by Sheraton (Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton south on Argyll Rd.)

I loved their rock/waterfall wall leading down to the banquet room! So beautiful that I'm sure many a bride and groom have stood in front of that wall.

It sure is fun when I hear that someone is already talking about framing their caricature when they haven't even got it done yet, but has watched awhile. I drew one mother/daughter team where the mom kept telling me to draw her younger looking than her daughter. She was happy in the end with her caricature so I guess I did okay! She was a pretty lady so I don't know why she kept on saying that. I'm not going to look as young as my daughter and nor should I. Do you hear that hollywood? Not that hollywood is calling but you know, some of those hollywood actresses don't look a day older than when I last saw them in something 20 years ago … the true magic of hollywood I guess. And there's something magical about caricatures. Open your mind to accept the cartoon you and you'll be happy. There are some people who are looking for a portrait. I think I need to remind the odd person that it's not a portrait but a cartoon representation.

One thing that never gets old, the thrill I get when someone smiles when they see their caricature! It's like a little zap of adrenaline!

Looking forward to my next caricature event booked next weekend!