Edmonton Artist | Laurel Hawkswell | edmonton.art@gmail.com | @hilaurel


[to email Laurel DOUBLE-CLICK here>>> EMAIL_Laurel ]
OR
See Edmonton Artist Laurel on: Facebook or Twitter or Instagram

Caricatures that Celebrate

I drew today at two events. The first was a fundraiser for Village of Hope Orphans in Africa. The organiser had dancers from several different dance schools in Edmonton, a brunch buffet, silent auction and I did caricatures. The highlight of the morning was doing FaceTime with the village. One of the Edmonton dance groups danced for the kids at the orphanage and then everyone was treated to a couple dances by some of the kids at the orphanage. A pretty darned cool experience. Then I quickly packed up and headed to a big birthday celebration to draw for a few more hours. This young girl was my only set of braces for the day. I love drawing braces. Being able to capture a moment in time when someone is missing some teeth or wearing braces, I find it neat to draw that stage in their life. I guess it's capturing a stage in a person's life with each drawing isn't it.
Caricature