Edmonton Artist | Laurel Hawkswell | edmonton.art@gmail.com | @hilaurel


[to email Laurel DOUBLE-CLICK here>>> EMAIL_Laurel ]
OR
See Edmonton Artist Laurel on: Facebook or Twitter or Instagram

Wacom Cintiq Companion

I received a Wacom Cintiq Companion from my husband for Christmas this year! It was just what I wanted! Just the thing I was hoping for for a couple years now. I'd felt stuck in an artistic rut. I was busier than I'd ever been work wise but as some of you may know, if you are self employed, taking time away from earning money to learn something new is a hard thing to do. During the learning process, we aren't being paid.

The Learning Curve Fear Monster

Roll up your sleeves and learn something new today

Happy New Year - first snowball fight of 2014

So a couple months before Christmas I had a conversation with my husband on how I wanted to get a
Wacom Cintiq tablet to start doing coloured caricatures ... and who knows what other art that would
come about from it. With no hesitation, he was all for it. He's a computer guy so another computer in the house is a good thing, besides something that could further my career is an even better thing! I've always thought of myself stronger in the drawing side of art than the computer side of art so getting
this new tablet was both exciting beyond belief AND scary beyond belief.

Since I opened it up and my husband got the feel of it for himself, to give me technical pointers (not artistic ones!) if I needed it, I've become increasingly in the mindset that I'm eager to see what this or that symbol will do. What if I try this or that. I am definitely in the infant stage with my Wacom Cintiq Companion but I am so excited for 2014. To look at my beginning work and what stage I'm at at the end of the year. I hope to post a doodle a day but please don't hold me to it, I may have a load of work to do at times where I can't do it ... after all, a big part of me is art but I believe in a balanced life: I like to do things with my family, exercise, the odd walk/coffee date with a friend, clean my house ... oh wait, that's on the list of "have to's" .... and I even want to try meditation this year.

So come along with me on my Cintiq Companion journey!

Graphic Art by Edmonton Artist Laurel Hawkswell