Edmonton Artist | Laurel Hawkswell | edmonton.art@gmail.com | @hilaurel


[to email Laurel DOUBLE-CLICK here>>> EMAIL_Laurel ]
OR
See Edmonton Artist Laurel on: Facebook or Twitter or Instagram

Caricatures at The High Street Block Party

It was a busy day for met at The High Street Block Party!

I met and drew some pretty neat people. There were two young women from Germany and Bulgaria who are travelling across Canada. You’ll see their photos here with the little maple leaf on their caricature.

A french family with four kids that ranged from ages 5 - 15 who were all the politest, great kids to have sit in front of me to draw. A lady I’ve known for years from the days when I used to be an aquafit instructor at Grand Trunk Fitness & Leisure Centre. A woman who just turned 60 who was celebrating her zest for life and fun. Her smile lit up her whole face. A couple who made me laugh. Specifically the guy who would continuously raise one eyebrow every time I looked up at him! I drew a couple’s two little dogs.

And here is a picture of a guy with his dog who put sunglasses on him when they sat down for their caricature. The man told someone the dog’s name and said that the dog has his own website. Sorry, I have forgotten the dog’s name so you may have a hard time finding the little guy’s website!

Thank you to The High Street businesses for asking me to be there.








Caricatures by Edmonton Artist Laurel Hawkswell